MEMBERSHIP IN STP
Why join or renew?
- You will be a member of a great community of teachers!
- You will receive print issues of the STP journal: Teaching of Psychology (ToP).
- You will have online access to back issues of ToP from the SAGE Publishing website.
- You will have access to members-only web pages.
- You will be eligible for STP's awards/grants (see drop-down menu option above) and for discounted registration for STP's Annual Conference on Teaching.
- Read PLEASE NOTE at right for important information about your membership.
- View more details under Member Benefits.
How much does this cost?
- Psychology teachers (and support staff): $25
- Students (post-doctoral, graduate, or undergraduate): $15
- Retirees: $15 (Note: Retirees must use this form to renew at the retiree rate)
How do I join or renew?
- STP (APA Division 2) has arranged with APA Division Services to receive and process all new and renewing memberships.
- To join STP: Follow the directions in the column at right.
- To renew: All STP members will receive an annual notice from APA to renew their division(s). This is the fastest and most direct way to renew your STP membership. Of you may follow the directions in the column at right.
- Members of APS may join STP via APS. The fastest and most direct way to renew STP is through the APA renewal notice. APS member may also renew STP when paying APS dues, but please do so before November 1 to avoid delays in processing your STP renewal notice. Also, please be careful not to pay twice for STP membership.
How do I update my name, mailing address, or email in the membership directory?
- Contact APA Division Services by phone 202-336-6013 or email (email@example.com). See PLEASE NOTE to the right.
For questions about STP or your membership:
Join or renew now!
You do not have to be an APA member to join STP.
To join STP: Click the green box below to "Join or Renew Membership" and press "Continue". If you see a pop-up asking about your email address, press "Continue" again. If you prefer not to register online, complete and mail in this form or contact APA Division Services: 202-336-6013.
To renew: If you are an APA member and already joined Division 2 (STP), please visit myAPA.org to renew. If you are not an APA member, you can renew by following the directions for joining STP.
We're glad you're part of the STP Community!
Our official membership records are maintained at APA's Division Services office. The membership directory available on the STP website may contain inaccurate or outdated information.
It may take 30 days before APA updates the online STP membership directory and sends your information to SAGE Publishing for online access to ToP. If you would like quicker access to member-only materials on STP's website and online access to ToP, please forward confirmation of your membership payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships are for a calendar year (January 1 through December 31). Dues paid before APA's annual convention in August are retroactive to January 1; you will receive back issues of ToP for that year. Dues paid after the APA convention and before December 31 will apply to membership in the following year.
Renewal notices are sent to members in October. Please renew before November 1 to avoid delays in processing your renewal.