Policies Regarding STP Grants/Awards Programs
(Approved August 2011; Revised October 2017)
- Only STP members are eligible to receive STP awards and grants.
- When considering potential nominees whose contributions are having a broad impact, the committee should consider colleagues from underrepresented groups who may have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- New applicants to a grant program are given priority over those who have previously received funds from that grant program.
- During their terms, EC members will be ineligible to apply for an STP grant.
- During their terms, members of the Award Evaluation committees are ineligible to apply for awards from these programs for which they are members of the evaluation committee.
- Within a calendar year of receiving funds, all grant recipients need to submit a final report that details how funds were spent and briefly describes the outcomes of activities funded.
- All unused funds should be sent back to the STP Treasurer.
- Funding of indirect costs is prohibited.
- A description of the dimensions on which applications will be evaluated must be made publicly available (e.g., included in the call for applications).
- Requests for proposals must include historical funding rates. Published funding rates should include a notation that reads: “Average funding rate since tracking began in 2012”. Additionally, if applicable, a statement noting that some proposals received were partially funded.
If you have any questions regarding the grants or awards programs, please contact the Vice President for Grants and Awards